In this college the department of nutrition has started its footstep very recently (Year 2006) as compared to any other science orientated department. The University of Burdwan approved the opening of Hons. course in Nutrition in the year of 2006.
The teachers of the department follow university syllabus and take the task of teaching to the students with their utmost sincerity and ability.
PRESENT FACULTY POSITION
Assistant Professor-01; Part-Time Teacher- 01; Guest Teacher-03
Name of the Teachers & Designation
Name of Guest Teachers
NO. OF SEATS-
1) Hons. -15 (As per University Norm)
EMINENT PERSONALITIES VISITED
1) Dr. Manoranjan Mondal, DM, Cardiology, Bankura Sammilani Medical College, Bankura.
2) Dr. Himangshu Bhusan Kundu, Former Scientist, DRDO.
3) Dr. Durgapada Dolui, Assistant Professor Department of Physiology, Medical College, West Midnapore.
4) Dr. Manoj Kumar Chakrabarty, Sr. Dy. Director, NICED, Kolkata.
5) Prof. Tushar Kanti Ghosh, HOD, Department of Physiology, Vidyasagar University.
6) Dr. Madhusudan Pal, Scientist, DIPAS, DRDO, New Delhi.
FEW ACHIEVEMENTS OF OUR EX-STUDENTS
STUDENT SUPPORT: a) Infrastructure Facilities
1) Class Room-02
2) Laboratory- 01 in Nutrition(Use Labs of Physiology)
b) BOOKS IN THE LIBRARY
1) Central Library- Sufficient to meet up students need.
2) Departmental Library- Sufficient to meet up students need.
EXTENSION ACTIVITIES: 1) Health Awareness Camp, 2) Winter Session Picnic, 3) Educational Tour, 4) Survey on Project Work
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Wall Magazine, Fresher’s Welcome, Farewell Ceremony, Seminar activities, Quiz Competition,
3. The Department has been involved in formulating and working with small-scale community health oriented projects as a part of the compulsory project works in the final year study for Honours students. The Department is nurturing the idea to extend it in a broader way and to generate a comprehensive database on Nutritional Health status of the people in rural belt of Bankura particularly in tribal areas.
4. From the extracurricular part of activities ,our department proposes to circulate a questionnaire schedule to the local community peoples concerning their regular nutritional support and community health report throughout the year ,so as to give a message to the Ministry of Health & Social welfare regarding the Nutrition & Health scenario of the surrounding people.