Department of Chemistry
Department of Chemistry started its journey with teaching of Intermediate Science in 1946, and B. Sc. (General Course) in 1948 under the University of Calcutta. B. Sc. (Honours Course) was introduced in 1965 with affiliation of The University of Burdwan when the same was established.
The Department is providing quality education in Chemical Sciences and motivating the younger students of the District of Bankura to take carrier in Chemical Sciences since its inception. Our students are doing well in research, academic and industrial areas. Many of them are well established in India and abroad and have brought laurels to us.
At present, sanctioned student strength in Honours course is 34 at the entry level. Six whole time teachers are rendering their teaching duties. Our teachers are also engaged in research activities in the form Minor Research Project (UGC) or collaborative research work with other institutions. Our department occasionally conducts National level seminars and workshops for updating our knowledge in the field of chemical sciences. The department consists of well-equipped laboratories. Our departmental library has good stock of Honours level reference books meant for the departmental students and teachers. The department conducts class tests on a regular basis other than Annual/Test examination held in the College. Our department has enormous potential to motivate students and create human resources in field of Chemical Sciences which will have a great contribution towards the building of Nation.
3.Dr. Mahuya Patra (Roy).
5. Prof. Chiranjit Pal.(HOD)
6.Dr. Avijit Mondal
1. Sri Dasarath Hansda.
2. Sri Dhananjoy Mishra.
3. Sri Mangal Das.
Science Camp 2014:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3841TvitbyA