The Department of Botany, Ramananda College has a glorious history of progress since its beginning in 1961. The three-year degree course in Botany (pass) was started in the year 1961. The Department opened Honours course in Botany in 1967 when it was shifted to a newly constructed Biology Block with spacious accommodation and PG course has been started from 2008. In its gradual progress, the Department during the tenure of last 43 years has produced a good number of brilliant students who obtained first class in Honours and PG degree from the University. Most of them have shown their competency in many spheres of life such as school, college and university education, research, administration etc. The Department has large classrooms, well equipped laboratories and classrooms with modern teaching aids. It is enriched with a herbarium, which includes about 1500 properly identified sheets. The teachers of the Department teach the students sincerely with their utmost ability which has resulted in it being considered to hold a pre-eminent position among the affiliated colleges under this University.
Name of the teachers with qualification &designation: