Students’ Union in association with teaching and non-teaching staff organizes various programmes for the students
Some remarkable performances by the students in extra-curricular activities in the recent past:
- Seven students (three boys and four girls) participated in District Athlete Meet-2007
- Four students (three girls and one boy) participated in State Level Athlete Meet-2007
- Five students (four boys and one girl) participated in District Athlete Meet-2008
- One student Sri Biswajit Saini secured 1st position in 100 m.race in the Inter Collegiate Athletic Competition, 2008.
- One student Sri Biswajit Saini was a member of the Burdwan University Athletic Meet (Men) Team in the all India Inter – University Athletic Meet (Men), 2008
- One student, Sri Jiban Murmu secured 1st position in Broad Jump and High Jump in District Athlete Meet-2009.
- Sri Jiban Murmu participated in State Level Athlete Meet-2009.
- Sri Arpan Bhattacharya and Sri Milan Lohar secured first positions in the District Level Youth Parliament and Quiz Contest, 2008-09 and participated in the State Level Youth Parliament and Quiz Contest, 2008-09.
CAREER COUNSELLING & PLACEMENT:
The college has a placement cell which gives information to the students regarding job opportunities in different spheres. The cell makes contact with various companies for campus interviews and also arranges off-campus interviews. Many existing and ex-students through this cell are getting jobs at various organizations like Vasavi Steel, Carreograph, Syngenta, Dabur , FRESFMIUS KABI( ONCOLOGY) LTD etc.
EXPANSION & DIVERSIFICATION:
As most of the departments perform impressively and results are consistently good, there is always students’ demand for increasing the intake capacities of various departments. Intake capacities of some of the departments have been increased during the last four years. During last six years Honours courses in two subjects (Philosophy & Nutrition) and General courses in Geography and Physical Education have been introduced. To fulfil the growing need of higher education in Humanities and Social Studies the college has started Morning Shift in Arts Stream from 2006-07 session .In 2007-08 session Post-Graduate (M.Sc.) in Botany has been introduced for the first time in the district of Bankura. The college has already submitted proposal to the UGC for different academic programmes to be implemented during 11th plan period.